Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Discussion Facilitator Response Art & Spirituality

After completing the second discussion facilitator , I feel that this one was more direct and successful in creating a discussion around the works of are we looked at. I don't necessarily feel that it was better because we didn't have a creative time for this one, but i feel that the questions that we posed were more direct as well as understandable.

Working through out the semester on all of these different topics with in the Art of Today book, it is really interesting how I can now see how they all fit together, overlap and intertwine. I also enjoyed the complex differences within each section, which gave rise to striking similarities overall.

Art and Spirituality is something that moves me overall as an artist, and I found it hard to keep my personal views from interfering with creating an open non bias discussing during class time. I did feel myself wanted to educate rather than facilitate sometimes, but after taking the time to listen rather than tell, I learned a lot about how differing view points can speak together.

I enjoyed the time creating a discussion during class and I'm looking forward to implementing more of what I have learned here into my own classroom setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment